Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Long Time No Blog" or "The First and Last Post of 2009"



It really was a busy year even though I didn't post anything here until now. Most of what I did this year I was either asked to keep confidential or it was more design related than illustrated (I do graphic design as well). This was one of the things that I worked on that was under wraps until now.

I was approached by my brother's friend who is a film director to create an animated logo for his production company. It would run at the beginning of the films he is making. His name is Darryl Shaw and from the first time we talked, I knew we were cut from the same cloth. And that cloth would probably be more like canvas from a straight jacket. Darryl had a pretty clear idea of what he wanted but was cool enough to let me make it even more Christ-serpent like. We intended to have it be longer with more scenes but the reality of completing it on time meant it had to be shortened up.

Darryl has a film in post-production right now which he wrote and directed and should make the festival circuit next year. I'll blog about it when there are more details. Oh, and my brother Dave Coleman is busy scoring the film, which is also really exciting! Anyway, it was lots of fun to work on and hopefully we will be working together again in the coming year.

4 comments:

Pandorah's Box said...

I liked this the first time I saw it, and I still like it a lot now. I just wanted to say that you are awesome.

P.S- I just read this to Dave in bed and he also thinks it's awesome.

Steve Coleman said...

Thanks Kato for your kind words! Maybe Dave will put some music to it sometime.

P.S - I read your blog everyday.

Curious Art said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad to have discovered your work.

Gabe Ferreira said...

that's awesome I am glad i found your blog I will keep checking back to see your art